Thursday, June 9, 2011

Recently...

The latest book that I have read was The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I thought it was good, and would probably recommend it to someone around my age, maybe a little older. It took was written in letter form, which I know some people don't like to read, but it didn't bother me. The letters were from a quiet freshman, Charlie. He wasn't writing to anyone, but was writing just to someone who could listen. He was lost in high school in the beginning, and learned how to manage his feelings etc. with the help of his two new friends, Sam and Patrick. In the beginning, you learn that Charlie's only other friend committed suicide a year before. Charlie has had a lot of emotional issues, and his parents keep sending him to doctors. Sam and Patrick help Charlie out a lot, and soon enough he has a small group of friends. The story has a lot of life changing experiences for Charlie, and I won't name all of them so the novel still has something new to it if you read it. It basically just goes through his challenges of family and high school, and how it changes him. It's fairly short, although it took me a week to read because it's kind of slow moving. (I also didn't have a lot of reading time!) Anyway, I'll have more books up soon!


Now for a dessert....
A few weeks ago my brother graduated from high school. At the graduation party/lunch that we had with a few other families in our neighborhood, there was a graduation cake. The cake was....awesome. It tasted great, and it was really cool to see. I have attached a picture of it, hope you enjoy it!




~ Elizabeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment